1) The Power of Vulnerability: This 20 minute video about the vulnerability, by Dr. Brené Brown, looks at what makes us vulnerable and how to build self-love and self-esteem.
2) Listening to Shame: In her second video, Dr. Brené Brown explains the unspoken epidemic of shame and what happens when you confront it head on.
3) Flow, the Secret to Happiness: Psychologist, Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi explores the key question: “What makes a life worth living?” To find the answer, he looks at those who find pleasure and lasting satisfaction in activities that create a state of “flow”, a heightened state of focus & immersion.
All it Takes is 10 Minutes – When is the last time you did absolutely nothing for 10 whole minutes? Not texting, talking or even thinking? Mindfulness expert Andy Puddicombe describes the transformative power of refreshing your mind for 10 minutes a day, simply by being mindful and experiencing the present moment.
Parenting and Education:
1) How to be a Great Parent: This series of 11 videos explores the complexities of parenthood and offers unusual insights and hard-won advice to help you be great! http://www.ted.com/playlists/150/advice_to_help_you_be_a_great
Personal and Career Growth:
1) Your Body Language Shapes Who You Are: Body language affects how others see us, but it may also change how we see ourselves. Social psychologist Amy Cuddy shows how “power posing” — standing in a posture of confidence, even when we don’t feel confident — can affect testosterone and cortisol levels in the brain, and might even have an impact on our chances for success. http://www.ted.com/talks/amy_cuddy_your_body_language_shapes_who_you_are 2) The Puzzle of Motivation: Daniel Pink examines the puzzle of motivation; specifically what types of motivation get the most output. http://www.ted.com/talks/dan_pink_on_motivation
Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder:
Reporter Jean-Paul Mari searches for answers to questions about mortality and psychosis and in the aftermath of horror and trauma. http://www.ted.com/talks/jean_paul_mari_the_chilling_aftershock_of_a_brush_with_death